If so, you are not alone. Many people suffer from bad breath (halitosis) and don’t know what they can do about it when mints are not enough. I want to provide you with some useful information on halitosis and how to overcome it.
Halitosis is caused by a number of reasons. Often it can be linked to poor habit in your lifestyle or diet. Here are some direct causes:
· Tobacco use
· Gum disease
· Dry mouth
· Undiagnosed or untreated health issues
With a wide range of causes, it may be difficult to pinpoint the specific trigger which is causing your bad breath. The good news is there are many ways you can treat halitosis, and reverse this nasty bad breath experience. These ways include:
· Brushing and flossing regularly
· Using mouthwash regularly
· Making sure to care and brush your tongue
· Sugar-free gum to keep saliva producing
· Stopping tobacco use
· Receiving your dental cleaning visits at least twice a year
If your breath doesn’t improve you should go see your doctor to see if you have any other medical condition that might be the cause of halitosis. You might also want to change your diet to limited certain foods that have a stronger odor like garlic, onion, alcohol, coffee, etc.